I was asked to provide comments on the rainbow in the Bible. Here are some for starters:
1. God puts his warbow in the sky for HIM to see and remember the covenant.
2. In Revelation 4-5, this warbow is around His throne, so He sees it all the time.
a. It’s green, emerald.
b. Emerald is the stone of Levi (BHOP 19: Behind the Scenes)
c. The Levites were camped in a square closest around the Tabernacle.
3. The other tribes have other colors, and at are the next rank around the Tabernacle.
a. In Revelation 21-22, the City has these twelve colored stones at her border.
b. The colored stones are chips of frozen rainbow.
c. God’s people are His rainbow, through which He views the world.
4. Baptism, especially by sprinkling, puts rainbow on us.
a. Rainbow is caused by light prisming through water.
b. In baptism, God’s light is prismed through water to us, rainbowizing us, so we join the rainbow.
c. Baptism washes away sin, but also glorifies (rainbowizes) and enlists us in the Rainbow Army for holy war.
5. In the Tabernacle, two tapestries encircled the rooms inside and out, at the upper and lower levels.
a. These had cherubim (guardians) on them.
b. They were woven of red, blue, purple, and white: rainbow colors. (Red and Blue-purple are the extremes of the rainbow prism.)
c. They signified the angelic rainbow host around God.
6. The High Priest had the same rainbow colors on him.
a. His garment had the same colors.
b. He wore the rainbow stones on his chest.
c. Now we are all made high priests, living rainbow warriors.
7. In the ritual of Ascension (Leviticus 1), the worshipper is by proxy put into the rainbow colors of the fire, after being divested of his old skin-clothes, and receives new fire-rainbow clothes.
a. Again, this is like the High Priest.
b. It is also the rainbow colors of the bride, as the worshipper ascends by proxy as an ‘ishsheh, a bride for Yahweh.
c. Psalm 45 is a human explication of this ritual.
d. We are all dressed in rainbow to be part of the bride of Christ.
Read Full Post »